At V8 Choppers we only use the best quality material available. We build motorcycles, not motors; so when it comes to picking out which motors we use on nearly every single motorcycle or trike, we found no better builder than Dart Machinery. We’ve teamed up with Dart to provide us (and you) with the very best motors for longevity, performance, and all around quality.V8 Choppers has an exclusive with Dart’s Pro Stock Shop to build and dyno test all motors before being shipped out. That means you get the best motors with the best performance every time.
SHP Small Blocks
Special High Performance small blocks meets the need for a precision machined block with superior features. Designed for high performance and heavy duty applications, the SHP block is an ideal power plant for our bikes.
- Brand new precision machined cast iron block
- Siamese bores
- Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket
- Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps prevent cracks
- Uses 1981-1985 stock style oil pan and dipstick
- Priority main oiling system directs oil to main bearings first for more dependable lubrication
All Aluminum Motors
So a cast iron block isn’t cutting it for you? OK. What about an all-aluminum motor? Still not impressed? What if we told you that the all-aluminum comes in a 427ci package ready to destroy tires? And while you’re at it, you can get the entire block polished so the motor can look as good as it sounds. At 112 pounds total weight, the Dart aluminum block is super light and plenty strong.
- Raised camshaft provides more clearance for stroker cranks and eliminates need for fragile small base circle cams.
- Relocated oil pan rails are spread to increase crank/rod clearance and reduce windage losses
- Extra thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal
- Oil pan bolt holes are relocated in line with main caps to eliminate interference with rotating assembly
- 4 bolt billet steel main caps have splayed outer bolts minimizing bearing bore distortion
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures
Aluminum Cylinder Heads
Dart’s SHP cylinder heads provide the weight saving features one would expect from a high performance engine designed for the street.
- Cast from A356-T6 aluminum alloy
- Multi-angle intake seats and radiused exhaust seats dramatically increase air/fuel flow
- Hardened exhaust seats are compatible with unleaded gasoline
- Manganese bronze valve guides extend cylinder head life